Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 7-8 Black Box

Lecture Image -


This image demonstrates the effect of using a central impluvium to create a unique style of light and shade. I think that the organic nature of this light and the way it disperses over the walls is really attractive. The added use of the columns in the image above only serve to add to this effect and make it more striking. I think taking this idea and applying it my own design will have the same effect. The light in the final environment will be more striking, more organic and more attractive. Although it will involve making alterations to my original design i think that overall it will benefit it in many ways. The idea of using columns in a similar way as above is also something which could be explored to improve my own design. The use of light and shadows in such a way i think is a step in the right direction to creating a good environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment